Become an IEEE PES member
There are more than 422,000 IEEE members in over 160 countries around the world. IEEE members are engineers, scientists, and allied professionals whose technical interests are rooted in electrical and computer sciences, engineering, and related disciplines.
IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) develops standards and empowers the development of technology, software, and best practices in all areas of electric power and energy including generation, transmission, distribution and utilization to provide a reliable, resilient, safe, cost-effective and sustainable AC and DC electricity supply system to the end-user. PES focuses on current power system infrastructures and technological advancements in energy resources, smart grid and smart cities for the betterment of society.
PES members also gain access to the IEEE PES Resource Center, a library with hundreds of technical reports, tutorials, conference videos, webinars, presentations and more.
PES also offers networking opportunities, access to peer-reviewed technical journals and educational materials that help our members stay up-to-date on the latest advances including renewable energy system design and integration, smart-grid technologies, electric vehicles, wholesale market design and operation, and asset management. If you wish to purchase additional copies of publications included in your membership, please visit the IEEE Contact Center.
Benefits of Membership in the IEEE Power & Energy Society Include:
- Free subscription to PES award-winning Power & Energy magazine
- Free digital subscription to Electrification magazine
- Free access to over 1000 technical reports, tutorials, videos and presentations on the PES Resource Center
- Free membership in your local PES chapter
- Discounts at dozens of PES sponsored or co-sponsored conferences and meetings in your area and around the world
- Discounts to technical tutorials
- Access to dozens of live and archived technical and professional development webinars
- Receive Continuing Education Units or Professional Development Hours by attending our Plain Talk Series
- Discounted subscription rate to five PES and four Sister Society peer-reviewed technical journals
- An IEEE membership also include many benefits. Learn more here.
Joining IEEE and PES is easy. You must first be an IEEE member. IEEE membership yearly dues vary based on location. As of 2019 the IEEE dues are US$164 in Europe. A discounted e-membership is offered for residents of GDP-limited countries. Discounted rates are also available for people with special circumstances, such as loss of employment, retired or disabled. Complete information about IEEE dues is found here.
Once you become an IEEE member, PES membership is only US$35 per year.